Friday 15 April 2011

Today I body pop my blogger poetry cherry. Join me in this orgy of words and hope.

Welcome poets, lovers of poetry,lovers of life, not hate, depressed people and the unemplyed, who e'er ye may be ( we are all friends together here, rest assured) . Welcome one and all, on this very special day for me, to this the inaugral blog by me Helene Smithee. Some of you may have been avid fans and followers of mine on myspace which is now defunky so I have sought guidence form the runes and the goddesses, the woodland spirits and the ebbing of the tides, and I have been guided towards this auspicious day. I have decided to reinstitate my blog and may well post some golden oldies that i have kindly saved in a folder in my computer for old times nostalgic sakes. But for now, followers on lifes path of love and enlightenment through self improvement and goddes love I share with you this poem of hope. After disrespectitude of the myspace debacle I am rising like a phoenix or Maya Angelou, to bring you the solace that poetry reaps for us all. I hope you will enjoin with me on this exciting voyage.

Here is one of my early poems which I think compliments the video that I also made (see from page of this blog or find it on youtube)

fallen to earth like a broken angle of love
by Poet Helene Smithee


like a piece of roadkill on the stairway to heaven
you left me broken like an angle, wings clipped
i fell to earth like a sunburnt girl Icarus
bouncing between the bubble froth of the cirrocumulous
clouds, clouds and clowns in my coffee like Carly
Simon did when Jack Nicholson dumped her
fallen, I have fallen without gossamer parachute
or spider web thread to break my fall and those clouds
those clouds were just vapour, like your promises
your words hang in the air like breth on an icy day
but there's really nothing there, you are empty
lost to me like a cough
i have fallen to earth like a broken angle of love
and I find bruises of reality bleed beneath my skin
but they are more real than all that you promised
i have fallen to the earth like a broken angle of love
but I will splint my wing and spring and sprint
like a woodland sprite into the blood red sunset, alone.



Helene Smithee 2011. peace and goddess wellbeing to one and all and hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment